|Born:||November 12, 1954|
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
|Bra/cup size:||36D (80D)|
|Height:||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Shear was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. She attended Loyola University, earning a B.A. in Communications. Before she became famous, she earned titles in several beauty contests, including holding the titles of Miss Louisiana USA 1975 for Miss USA and that of Miss Louisiana for both the Miss World and the Miss International pageants. Among her other titles was Queen of the Floral Trail Society. While she sported the latter title, she posed fully clothed for Playboy, but the Society was opposed to her appearing in the magazine, and took the title away from her. Shear gained notoriety after this episode.
After a feud with the New Orleans Register of Conveyances she ran against him the following election. She conducted her campaign in a deliberately flippant way, handing out numerous glamour shot photographs of herself to potential voters. She lost by some 130 votes, but in the process succeeded in her goal of ousting the incumbent. Noticing her, comedian Bob Hope then took her to Hollywood to produce a special named The Starmakers.
Shear is best known for her role as a host of the USA Network's 1980s/'90s weekend B-movie show, USA Up All Night. From 1991 to 1998 she hosted in-studio and on-location segments that aired on Friday (and later moved to Saturday) nights, replacing comedian Caroline Schlitt (the Friday night host for the show's first few years). Shear's tone of voice when pronouncing the title "USA **Up!**...All Night!!" made it a temporary household phrase. Shear also briefly hosted a comedy venue called "Spotlight Cafe," hosted previously by comic Judy Tenuta.
In June 1991, Shear returned to Playboy appearing in the Funny Girls pictorial published by the magazine, with fewer clothes this time. In October 1993 she appeared in her own Playboy pictorial titled "Rhonda Up All Night".
She can be seen regularly showcasing her legs in pantyhose and has her own clothing line and the Ahh Bra sold on HSN, ranging from hosiery to other intimate undergarments. She has a retail store for these products, Maison Rouge, in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- J.D.'s Revenge (1976)
- Galaxina (1980)
- Party Games for Adults Only (1984)
- Doin' Time (1985)
- Basic Training (1985)
- Spaceballs (1987)
- The Roller Blade Seven (1991)
- Return to Frogtown (1993)
- Tender Loving Care (1995)
- Assault of the Party Nerds 2: The Heavy Petting Detective (1995)
- Earth Minus Zero (1996)
- Desperation Boulevard (1998)
- Prison-A-Go-Go! (2003)
- Happy Days (1 episode, 1979)
- Dallas (1 episode, 1982)
- CHiPs (1 episode, 1982)
- Hart to Hart (1 episode, 1983)
- The Fall Guy (1 episode, 1983)
- The A-Team (1 episode, 1983)
- Three's Company (1 episode, 1983)
- The Dukes of Hazzard (1 episode, 1984)
- Cheers (1 episode, 1985)
- Full House (1 episode, 1990)
- Married… with Children (1 episode, 1990)
- USA Up All Night (Host, 1991-1998)
- Doctor Doctor (1 episode, 1991)
- Silk Stalkings (1 episode, 1994)
- Oddville, MTV (1 episode, 1997)
- Unhappily Ever After (1 episode, 1998)
Big tit movies / pictures of Rhonda Shear
- Playboy Cyber Club Rhonda Shear (Playboy Playmate and Cyber Girl pictures & movies)
- Rhonda Shear Biography. Retrieved on 2008-02-19.
- The Rhonda Shear Site - About Rhonda - Rhonda Trivia. Retrieved on 2007-02-08.