|Also known as:||Lil Kim, Queen Bee|
|Born:||July 11, 1975|
Brooklyn, New York, USA
|Height:||4 ft 11 in (1.50 m)|
Among others, Lil' Kim has worked with the following photographers:
- David LaChapelle
Clothing and wardrobe malfunctions
Lil' Kim, who also was to launch her own fashion line in autumn 2005, is known for often wearing revealing clothes at concerts as well as other public occasions. At many events, she showed deep cleavage, came in transparent clothing or tiny bikinis or showed her bare breasts only covered by pasties.
On September 9, 1999, she visited the MTV Video Music Awards wearing an outfit that left one breast free, with only her nipple being covered by a pastie. The outfit seemed so intriguing to co-presenter Diana Ross that she reached over to Lil' Kim and touched her breast in front of the whole audience. The incident incident became so famous that it still was referred to years later.
On April 23, 2003, Lil' Kim suffered a wardrobe malfunction at the JAM'N 94.5 Summer Jam in Mansfield, Massachusetts, USA, when the lingerie tape that was used to attach the top of her skimpy swimsuit to her breasts failed to hold the garment in place.
- IMDb biography. Retrieved on 2009-03-16.
- Lil' Kim. Rolling Stone. Retrieved on 2009-03-16.
- Lil' Kim plans 'no rules' line of clothing. Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (2004-12-24). Retrieved on 2009-03-16.
- Hall, Rashaun (2004-12-17). Lil' Kim Launching Clothing Line — Fashion And Active Wear, But No Pasties Yet. MTV. Retrieved on 2009-03-16. “When it comes to fashion, Lil' Kim is perhaps better known for what she's not wearing than what she is.”
- Lil Kim New Fashion Line. FemaleFirst. Retrieved on 2009-03-16. “The hip-hop star is famously known for showing off her flesh than her outfits [...]”
- 1999 Video Music Awards. MTV. Retrieved on 2009-03-16.
- 15 most shocking MTV Awards moments: Diana Ross vs Lil' Kim's boob. Virgin Media. Retrieved on 2009-03-16.
- Lil' Kim at JAM'N 94.5's Summer Jam, Tweeter Center, Mansfield, Mass.. The 411 Online. Retrieved on 2009-03-16.